The other night I attended a shopping event held at Obakki in conjunction with Fashion Magazine. For this one night they offered discounts on their new Fall 2010 collection pieces as will as steep discounts on their Spring 2010 collection. I was one lucky girl to have walked away with a gorgeous petal sleeve silk blouse for 75% off the regular tagged price.
That evening Rebecca Tay, Western Editor of Fashion Magazine also took the time out to review Fall/Winter 2010 trends with the eager crowd. Here is a summary of main points mentioned as well as what I saw at the store:
- Pants are worn loose and made perhaps in much softer materials like silk and micro-suede.
- Blouses are still leaning towards drapy and more “roomier” fits.
- Cargo inspired pants are a must have this season.
- Experimenting with textures, mixing and matching jerseys with leather.
- Scarves and sweaters are worn in chunkier and thicker knits.
- Main colors to watch for: Slate, olive, caramel, ivory, bronze, gold, mustard and purple.
If you have not had the chance to see the new F/W 2010 collection at Obakki, now is the best time! They have a great representation in the store.
Sunny Shum, Your Industry Insider | Follow me @partly_sunny
*Photos by: www.melocreative.com